At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Discuss Gender mainstreaming budgeting in sectorial policies and plans
- Examine different stages of budgeting using Gender lens
- Analyze budgets using Gender budgeting tools
- Apply knowledge gained to different budgeting plans in their organization
- Apply appropriate principles for Gender budgeting initiative process.
- Gender concepts and terminology
- Gender analysis, principles and practices
- Gender mainstreaming, concept and process
- Sex disaggregated data and gender statistics
- Gender sensitive indicators for benchmarking
- Gender budgeting in sectorial policies and plans
- Gender budgeting, concept and process
- Gender budgeting tools
- Practical and strategic gender needs/ interests
- Gender budgeting initiatives
- Policy environment of gender budgeting
- Lobbying and advocacy strategies
- Engendering social accounting matrices.
Budget officers at the national / state levels / LGA levels; gender desk officers at the national state levels / LGA levels; public relations officers’ unit / budget units; directors of finance national and state levels / LGA levels /senior policy makers, heads of departments in the MDAs etc.