At the end of the training workshop, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate critical issues in policy analysis implementation with Gender lens
- Discuss the concept of policy
- Explain Gender mainstreaming in sectoral policies and plans
- Examine the use of Gender sensitivity indicators for policy formulation and implementation
- Analyze sectoral policies from Gender perspectives
- Apply Gender lens to Sustainable Development Goals.
- Sex and Gender concept
- The concept of gender and development
- Gender issues in management system
- The concept of policy and ideas
- Overview of gender mainstreaming
- Gender responsive policy making
- Gender –blind and gender neutral policies
- Gender mainstreaming in specific sectoral Policies e.g. health, education, energy etc.
- Gender policy environment
- Gender review of MDGs
- Gender analysis: principle and practices
- Gender analytical frameworks / tools
- Understanding gender budget systems
- Mainstreaming gender into Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Mainstreaming gender into policy-making processes
- Classification and types of gender sensitive indicators
- Social dialogue
- Advocacy, lobbying and negotiating skills
- The Politics of Policy- Making : A Gender Perspective
- Analyses of sectoral policies from gender perspective
- Overview of national gender policy
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Gender international policies related issues e.g. CEDAW etc.
The Workshop is designed for Officers on GL 12 and above in Local Government, State and Federal Public Service and their equivalent in the private sector and Non-Governmental Organisations.