Managers at all levels and in all functions are required today to demonstrate sound commercial orientation and knowledge. Understanding finance is central to their relevance and effective contribution to decision making.
This training programme focuses on both Accounting and Finance. It will help participants develop a well-rounded understanding of commercial language for better communication with customers and relevant stakeholders. They will also be able to interpret financial statement and compute relevant ratios.
- Have deeper understanding of accounting principles and conventions.
- Possess knowledge of double entry book keeping and suspense account
- Understand interrelationship of resources employed in the business
- Be able to reconcile account statements
- Prepare final accounts statements
- Interpret financial statements
- Know how to make cash flow forecasts
- Accounting principles and conventions
- Structure of the financial statement
- Basic record keeping and account classification
- Preparing trial balance and final accounts
- Time value of money
- Working capital management
- Capital budgeting decisions
- Reconciliation of account statements
- Interpretation of accounts
- P and L ratios
- Balance sheet ratios
- Taxation and adjustments ( Company Income Tax, VAT, WHT and PAYE)
- Internal control mechanisms
Who Should Attend
Managers at all levels in all functions.