Labour Management Relations (MSD 602)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Sep 12 - 16 Sep, 2016
At the end of the training Workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and discuss the key actors in labour management relations
- Describe the legal framework for labour management relations
- Explain strategies for establishing and maintaining effective labour management relations
- Highlight and discuss the machinery for grievances and conflict resolutions
- Analyze and discuss the environment of labour management relations.
The workshop covers the following:
- Overview of human resource management
- Overview of industrial and labour relations
- growth and development of unions and unionism in Nigeria
- The role of the state, unions and employers in industrial relations
- Machineries for negotiation and consultation
- Collective bargaining
- Legal framework for labour management relations
- Managing health and safety at work
- Industrial disputes and conflict resolution
- Government reforms and its implications for labour.
The workshop is designed for officers on GL. 09 and above whose pre-occupation is industrial relations or labour management relations in ministries and extra-ministerial departments of the civil service, parastatals and their counterparts in private sector organizations and labour relations practitioners.
NGN 75,000.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry