The training workshop seeks to impact entrepreneurship skills in the participants with the hope that such skills will be beneficial in decision making and in advisory capacities in organisations. The skills will be useful in evaluating proposals and business plans and also in guiding and teaching others in the field.
Specifically at the end of the workshop the participants will able to:
- Identify an attractive and lucrative business
- Development and entrepreneurial attitude and personality
- List types of entrepreneurs
- Identify sources of funding
- Develop strategic vision and mission
- Appraise entrepreneurship as a style of management
- Identification of Business Opportunities
- Business Plan Preparation
- Personal Entrepreneurship Characteristics
- Types of Entrepreneur
- Sources of Finance
- Developing Entrepreneurship Personality
- Entrepreneurship Skills
- The Business Environment
- The Role of Government
- Costing and Pricing
- Syndicate Exercises
The workshop is designed for senior officers in both public and private sector organizations prospective entrepreneurs will also benefit from the workshop as well as NGO’s, CBO’s and donor agencies staff.
Methodology: Lecturette, power point presentation, discussion and syndicate exercises.