The training workshop objectives are to enable participants:
- Identify the positive contributions that good budgeting practice can make to the management of public sector organisations
- Enable participants understand the bases for fiscal and monetary policies and how they affect their organisations budgets
- Identify obstacles to effective budget preparation and implementation in their various organisations and devise appropriate strategies to address them.
- Overview of public sector budgeting process
- Planning in government
- Economic policy management
- Revenue forecasting
- Framework of government budgeting and budgetary control
- Financial control in government
- Budget classification
- Medium term expenditure framework (MTEF) and medium term sector strategy (MTSS)
- Budget preparation under MTEF
- Budget monitoring and evaluation
- Managing negotiations in budget defense
- Software application to budgeting.
The workshop is designed for budget officers, auditors, accountants/finance officers, planning officers, and other officers etc. Involved in budget preparation and implementation.