The training workshop objectives are to enable participants:
- Explain the importance of taxation in national economic development
- Identify the principles of taxation
- Examine the methods and role of data gathering in tax management
- Carry out tax audit and investigation
- ICT and Tax
- Overview of public finance
- Strategy for effective IGR
- Tax planning
- Typology of taxes
- Internal control and monitoring in tax administration
- Tax identification number (TIN) and records management
- Accounting for taxation
- Tax audit and investigation
- International tax policy and e-taxation.
The workshop is designed for senior officers both in the public and private sectors of the Nigerian economy who have the responsibility to manage tax. Specifically these include officers of the federal Inland Revenue services, state board of internal revenue, revenue collectors at the local government level, custom officers who are in charge of tax administration and other officers in charge of various taxes and levies in the MDAs.