Primary Health Care Management Course (LGSD 605)
By: Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Sep 17 - 30 Sep, 2016
The major objective of the training course is to improve the capacity of participants in the planning and implementation of consistent, systematic and effective Primary Health Care Service at the grassroots.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Manage primary health care facilities effectively
- Acquire skills required to plan, organize and effectively
- National health care delivery programme within the local government
- Apply existing strategies for inducing and managing development
- Programme (change) at the local government level
- Be familiar with the integrated nature of health care projects (i.e. water, sanitation, mobilization, household, food, security nutrition, education etc.) in the overall development of communities.
- Overview of the national health policy
- Concepts and major components of primary health care service delivery in Nigeria
- Scope of rural/urban development
- Corporate management target setting and performance measurement;
- Community participation and empowerment;
- Community resource management
- Monitoring and evaluation of primary health care services
- Roles of NGOs, CBOs and donor agencies in primary health care services
- Use of computer in project management
- National health insurance scheme.
The course is designed for primary health workers at the local, state, and federal levels, including Medical officers heads of departments primary health care coordinators community/environmental health officers staff nurses social welfare officers community health extension workers (chews) and other health officers on GL 08 and above.
NGN 107,500.00 (Per Participant (This Excludes Accommodation and Feeding))
Venue: ASCON Complex, Topo, Badagry