Workforce planning is one the most important HR processes and is necessarily linked to every other function in HR management. Yet, in spite of its importance, it is often implemented haphazardly due to organizational and market complexities. In addition to surveying the drivers for workforce planning and its key performance indicators, the course presents and elaborates on an operational model for forecasting demand and supply of employees and demonstrates how resulting gaps can be bridged with a variety of controllable staffing initiatives. Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to learn and apply the forecasting techniques that are normally used in workforce planning.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define workforce planning within the context of human resources (HR) management
- Explain how HR planning is related to the overall strategic plan of the organization
- Identify the economic concepts of demand and supply and how they apply to the labor market
- Apply forecasting tools to the demand and supply for different types of human resources, both in terms of quantity and quality
- Recognize the relationship of HR planning to the staffing process
- Describe why an understanding of the external labor market is important in workforce planning
- Formulate staffing strategies to fill in a labor gaps whether shortages or surpluses
The course targets the following related competencies:
- Deciding and initiating action
- Working with people
- Relating and networking
- Persuading and influencing
- Presenting and communicating
- Analytical thinking
- Applying expertise and technology
- Formulating concepts and strategies
- Planning and organizing
- Achieving goals and objectives
Recruitment and workforce planning managers and specialists, HR professionals and strategy analysts with at least three years’ experience in workforce planning, general HR management and business partners. This course is also useful to corporate planning managers who want to make sure their strategies are implemented successfully.
NB: These courses also run 3days, 5days, and 10days.
They also run in Abuja / Lagos / PH