Materials and logistics are catalysts to the attainment of organizational goals and objectives. It is, therefore, necessary for management to have the knowledge, skills and techniques relevant to operational demands and control.
The training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip participants with the basic knowledge and skills that will enable them to manage materials and logistic problems in their organizations.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Formulate materials budget
- Handle risk and safety issues in materials and logistics management
- Design and control an inventory system
- Identify fraudulent activities in materials and logistics activities.
- Material planning and logistics management: an overview
- Material requirement planning
- Material and logistic budgeting
- Inventory planning and control system
- Procurement planning
- Material handling and storage planning
- Store and warehousing management
- Security, safety measures and codification
- Material distribution inventory
- Fleet management
- Fraud management in material planning and logistics
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Materials officers and managers, logistics officers, procurement officers, warehouse managers, operations managers, inventory controllers and supervisors in private and public sector organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: I. O. Ezeji