The quality and success of economic management is anchored on good policies and the appropriate mechanism for implementation, among other factors. However, the challenge facing economic management in Nigeria can be linked to inadequate capacity to appropriately develop, analyse and effectively implement sound economic policies and manage its responses.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to enable participants to master the dynamics of economic policy making and its impact on national development.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic concepts and principles of economic policies
- Apply the basic analytical framework, tools and techniques for analysing economic policies
- Analyse major macroeconomic policy instruments and their dimensions (fiscal, monetary, etc.)
- Build and estimate simple econometric models and interpret the estimated results
- Discuss the impacts of economic policies on growth and development.
- Economic policy analysis and management: an overview
- Concepts and dimensions of growth and development
- Concepts and significance of national accounts
- Microeconomic analysis: demand, supply and pricing in individual markets
- Macroeconomic framework: closed and open economy
- Dimensions of macroeconomic policy instruments
- Processes of model building, estimation and output analysis
- Computer applications for economic analysis: excel, e-view
- Economic policy implementation: strategies and challenges
Lectures, practical exercises and computer practice. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers, managers and those involved in economic planning and implementation in the public and private sectors.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance and active participation.
Contact Person: B. O. Olaniyan