Data analysis and interpretation is a critical aspect of evidence-based policy decision making. For data to be useful, it must be correctly processed, analysed and interpreted to form evidence-based decision making. Socio-economic data analysis and interpretation involves an array of possible methods, tools and techniques with different areas of application.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to equip and build capacities of planning and research officers to be familiar with the various techniques for data analysis and interpretation.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of data analysis and interpretation for decision making
- Describe the processes involved in preparing data for analysis
- Identify basic methods of data analysis and interpretation
- Use the various methods in practical data analysis
- Discuss the interpretation of the analysed data and its implications for decisions.
- Overview and socio-economic objectives/ framework for data analysis and interpretation
- Data analysis for planning
- Data editing / coding, capture / entry and cleaning
- Testing data reliability and validity
- Data organization and mining
- Statistical estimation of data: techniques of data analysis and interpretation
- Tabulation plan and reporting
- Computer applications for data analysis: using e-views, MS-Excel and SPSS for data analysis
Methodology: Lectures, practical exercises and computer practice. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Research officers, economists, academics, econometricians, planning officers and policy analysts in both the public and private sectors of Nigeria and other economies of the world.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. Ifeoma Asha-Nnabuife