Logistics is critical to the success of every organization. Previously considered an important behind-the-scene operational activity, logistics is now recognized as a strategic tool for creating customer value and loyalty. Logistics Management is a profession that requires specialized management knowledge and skills in Supply Chain Management, Inbound Logistics, and Outbound logistics in various industry application areas as well as knowledge in the general management functions of Personnel relationship, Health and Safety, Security, Compliance/legal, information technology and Human Resource.
Managers need accurate information to identify the cost reduction opportunities, and to re-engineer their logistics processes with the aim of making them more efficient. The success of these attempts depends on the ability of the cost analysis system to identify the resources for specific channel or logistic activity. The cost analysis for each activity allows a more efficient assignment of the resources identifying the cost reduction and new technology investment opportunities because it informs of real profitability for every client, product or service. The identification and development of the more profitable activities, present along the advanced Logistics, should create an improvement in the business performance.
Benefits: The Participants will have indebt knowledge and able to execute the following functions:
- Understanding Logistics Concepts and Strategic roles of a Protocol personnel
- Managing Journey from start to destination
- Proper monitoring of driver location
- Effective Transportation and Vehicle Management
- Implementation of health and Safety rules
- Adequate implementation of Logistics Management Information System and Security
- Understanding Logistics Strategic Planning and Performance Management
- Handling Certainty of Uncertainty: Risk Management in-a-Nutshell