This training course focuses on the processes of planning the HR needs of an organization based on its vision, mission and strategic objectives and estimating the budget requirements to satisfy those needs. The course draws heavily on the managerial tools of strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting and cost control. Although many organizations face difficulties in planning and estimating their HR needs, yet HR planning and budgeting is an important corner stone of modern HR management. In this course participants will be exposed to the various tools of HR and budget forecasting techniques applying them through hands on activities.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between the various management functions and understand their roles in modern organizations
- Link HR planning to the overall strategic planning of the organization
- Apply the tools of HR planning using an operational HR planning and staffing model
- Choose the right forecasting techniques to estimate the future HR needs of their organizations
- Utilize budgeting techniques to estimate the HR budgetary needs of their organizations
- Develop the cost control attitude and techniques necessary for effective budgetary control
- Networking and communication
- Analytical thinking
- Presenting and persuading
Human Resources professionals involved in HR or workforce planning and recruitment with at least three years’ experience in HR management. The course is also beneficial for experienced officers and specialists in compensation and benefits as well as for those working in general administration.