In the ever changing global business environment, only organizations that move with the tide can survive. Corporate restructuring is a recurring trend. Organizations must retain knowledge which is a critical component of their intangible assets. Knowledge-based organizations are able to generate value from their intellectual assets.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with requisite skills and capabilities to create a knowledge-based organization with a view to facilitating the realization of the corporate goals.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the concept of knowledge management
- Analyse and disseminate information to effect changes
- Promote technology transfer
- Develop strategies and policies to manage the organization’s intellectual assets effectively.
- Knowledge management: an overview
- Building a knowledge based organization
- Knowledge harvesting
- Learning and development
- Knowledge management strategies
- Information management and security
- Creating and managing a database
- Building employee engagement
- Managing the knowledge worker
- Managing change and innovation
- Effective communication in knowledge management
- Intellectual capital and interpersonal Relation
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Management consultants, project / human resource managers, trainers and professionals in the public and private sector organizations.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. Rita Nwalupue