MS-Access Database Application Workshop - ICT 002
By: Centre for Management Development (CMD)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jul 11 - 15 Jul, 2016
The use of computers in the organizational management of data has a tremendous impact on the way human and material resources are managed. It also enhances the processing of data to generate information in decision making.
This workshop is designed for participants whose responsibilities in record keeping and storage require the use of Microsoft Access in their daily management of data as information for decision making.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the significance of data as the basis for provision of good information
- Define and identify database as a way of storing records
- Build up a comprehensive report system
- Query database management system
- Write programmes using microsoft access programming software.
- Introduction to modern computer fundamentals
- Overview of data base management system (DBMS) with emphasis On
- Concept and evolution of DBMS and database
- Problems of data redundancy
- Data inconsistency
- Various types of database
- Relational database management system model
- Definition and proper illustration to show, relations, tuples and attributes as the
- Features and properties of a typical relational database
- Features and responsibilities of RDBMS
- Users of RDBMS
- Creating of object container, table, form, query and report
- Sorting and query of the table, using criteria to achieve results
- Printing of reports.
Methodology: Lectures, demonstration, and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers and managers in the public and private sectors, and others involved in record keeping and storage.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: O. A. Odugbesan
Venue: CMD Training Complex, Shangisha, Lagos