Computer networking is one of the most exciting and important technological fields of our time. The internet interconnects millions of computers, providing a global communication, storage and computation infrastructure. These developments in the field of networking and the advent of the internet have no doubt brought about tremendous growth of facilities and capabilities in computing.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with core ICT skills.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify network components
- Use network operating systems and rules
- Set up and secure a network
- Identify requirements for installing internet and its administration
- Use various browsing techniques to surf the internet effectively.
- ICT essentials
- Basic operating system commands and MS-windows skills
- Networking fundamentals with emphasis on
- Types of network
- Components of network
- HUB and switches
- Modem, routers and firewalls
- Network operating system, rules and security
- Network connectors and cabling
- Expanding and upgrading of network
- Setting up of a PC on network
- Internet, meaning, features and benefits
- Requirements for setting up an internet
- Browsing techniques to surf the internet
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, experience sharing and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Systems and network administrators, network engineers and analysts, managers and officers in charge of systems administration and trainers.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: O. A. Odugbesan