The use of computers has generally led to improved performance and quality management decisions through quick access to information. Secretaries and Personal Assistants who fail to acquire computer skills today are at a great disadvantage and are unlikely to support their organizations’ goals effectively.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed to enable participants to acquire word-processing skills to enhance performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Operate computer systems effectively
- Acquire basic skills in the use of the word-processor
- Work with documents and graphics
- Use the computer to prepare, store, preview, retrieve and print documents
- Use spreadsheet to create database
- Use internet facility to send e-mail and browse the net.
- ICT essentials
- MS-windows skills
- Types of external storage media
- Introduction to word processor – microsoft word for windows
- Special features of microsoft word for windows with emphasis on:
- Letters and memos
- Sending group mails
- Working with tables and columns
- Text manipulation, correcting errors and creating special effects
- Information storage using electronic dictionary to check spelling
- Routine maintenance on computer systems using utility software
- Security of software and valuable documents
- Managing your boss
- Work-life balance
- E-mail administration
Methodology: Lectures, discussion, syndicate work and intensive practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Secretaries and personal assistants in public and private sector organizations and trainers.
Mode of assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: J. O. Kalu