Human resources has to transform itself in order to earn a seat at the decision making table. The door is wide open for human resources to become the business partner it always wanted to be rather than being simply perceived as just another service function. Now, more than ever, HR professionals need new strategies and a whole new set of competencies to be able to deliver crucial and tangible results. This course will enable you to transform yourself and your HR department into a business partner capable of delivering results and adding value to your organization.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the nature of HR as a managerial function
- List all HR functions and responsibilities and identify their contributions to organizational success
- Create an HR strategy that is aligned with the overall organizational strategy
- Measure the contribution of HR to the bottom line in both profit and non-profit organizations
- Assess the effectiveness of the human resources function through the use of 'SMART' Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and indices
- Demonstrate how a competency framework can increase the effectiveness of the HR function
- List the core competencies for an HR professional.
- Deciding and initiating action
- Relating and networking
- Analytical thinking
- Following instructions and procedures
- Planning and organizing
- Achieving goals and objectives
- Applying expertise and technology
Human resources managers, business partners, team leaders and specialists.