Effective and efficient network management and user support capabilities in organizations have brought about tremendous improvement in the productivity of such organizations. The installation and configuration of the Network Operating System, monitoring, access to network services and accounting management of network usage and internet connectivity requires the attention of every individual and organization.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with core information and communication technological skills needed to cope with emerging trends in computing.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Perform and troubleshoot installation and configuration of Network Operating System
- Perform post-installation configuration (user con-figuration, apply service packs, etc.)
- Monitor and analyse system performance
- Configure and troubleshoot Advanced Configuration, Power Interface and Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) settings
- Secure a network
- Troubleshoot name-resolution and remote connections.
- Networking fundamentals with emphasis on:
- Kinds of network
- HUB and switches
- Modem, routers and firewalls
- Network connectors and cabling
- Network management architecture
- Configuration and fault management in network
- Accounting and security management in network
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, experience sharing and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Systems and network administrators, computer engineers, system analysts, managers and officers in charge of systems administration, trainers and those that have attended the basic network administration workshop.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: M. A. Olaniyan