The use of data management software such as Microsoft Access greatly reduces the limitations of the manual approach to information planning, control, storage and retrieval as well as information dissemination. Microsoft Access, which is a database management system, is an application software designed for information storage and retrieval in a very convenient and efficient way.
This training workshop is the continuation of the “MS-Access Database Application Workshop”, and as such is designed for participants who have knowledge and skills in the field.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify relevant fields in designing a database structure;
- Create multiple tables with the use of relationships;
- Create calculated fields in forms;
- Apply the use of switchboard manager to design menu driving applications;
- Filter records from database with the use of query;
- Build and generate reports; and
- Use SQL to create database.
- Designing of database structure
- Creating multiple tables using relationships
- Creating and modifying forms in design view
- Creating linked forms in microsoft access
- Working with calculated fields in a microsoft access form
- Application of switchboard manager
- Working with macros
- Working with mathematical expression in a microsoft access query
- Working with parameter query
- Building and generating of reports
- Creating calculated columns in a microsoft access report
- Introduction to structure query language (SQL)
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, experience sharing and practical exercises. Audio-visual aids will also be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Human resource, administrative and inventory managers/officers, trainers, and those whose responsibilities involve record keeping, storage and retrieval.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: O. A. Odugbesan