Refining your Interpersonal Skills
By: Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos State, Nigeria
Oct 24 - 26 Oct, 2016
The complexities and sophistication in today’s business environment elevates the importance of communication and relationship management. In the face of economic uncertainty, a surge in the virtual side of business, the intricacy of stakeholders’ expectations and competition styles, relationship management has changed greatly from what it used to be a decade ago. Economic, social and political pressures are forcing people and organizations to rework the way relationships are managed. The programme design works on the research-supported view that the ability to manage relationships is supported by a deeper understanding and appreciation of self.
- Theories of Intelligence
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Intelligence
- Neurological and Physiological Underpinnings of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Domains (EIDs)
- Tools and Techniques for Increasing Competence in the EIDs
- The Power of the Brain: Using the Brain to manage self and others
- Relationship between Emotional Intelligence (EI) and Interpersonal Relations
- Transactional Analysis
- Listening and Probing
- Giving and Receiving Criticism
- Influencing 360°
- Conflict Management
- How to Prevent the Barriers to Effective Communication
- Leadership Communication
- Managers, team leaders and supervisors who want to maximize their positive impact on others through effective interpersonal skills.
- Team leaders and middle to senior-level functional managers in both private and public sector organizations whose roles require an understanding of people and idiosyncrasies.
- Experts and specialists making a transition from managing equipment and processes to leading people.
Venue: Lagos Business School (LBS), Km 22, Lekki - Epe Expressway, Ajah, Lagos.