An ICT- based library system offers the advantages of increased speed and accuracy of performing routine functions, thereby reducing errors. It also offers improved service, and reliable, competent and accurate usage of library information functions.
This training workshop holding in Lagos State is designed for Information Professionals, including Chartered Librarians, Archivists and Educationists, to acquaint them with the use of ICT to enable them to meet up with the current trend and challenges.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Use ICT to prepare, store, view and retrieve documents
- Identify the features of library automation
- Use internet services to search for information.
- Introduction to information and communication technology
- Computer fundamentals
- The use of ICT to prepare, store, view and retrieve documents
- Introduction to library automation
- Concept of virtual library and e- learning
- Internet: meaning and features
- Browsing techniques
- Computer networking and administration
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate work and intensive practical computer exercises.
Librarians, archivists, information officers and educationists.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance / active participation.
Contact Person: Mrs. T. U. Ndife