The overall objective of the training workshop is to enable participants acquire the skills, knowledge, and the right attitude for forming, planning, and management of cooperative society for the economic benefit of their members.
Specifically, at the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and form various types of cooperative societies
- Apply effective planning steps for a successful cooperative society management
- Describe the principles of cooperative society management
- Identify performance and accounting standards for effective management of cooperative societies.
The workshop contents, among others, include:
- The basic functions of management
- The origin of cooperative society
- Formation of cooperative society
- Types of cooperative society
- Cash flow forecasting in cooperative society
- Credit and debt management
- Techniques of investment analysis
- Cost benefit analysis
- Effective management of dividends
- Effective management of cooperative meetings.
Accounting and Investment officers in organisations and officers responsible for management of cooperative societies in both Public and Private sector organisations.