The broad objective of the training course is to develop a crop of officers in both the Public and Private Sectors of the Nigerian economy who will be able to assist in the rapid socio-economic development of the nation by applying their specialized skills and knowledge in solving the multi-various problems and challenges facing the country.
Specifically, the Course will enable the participants to:
- Explain the nature and process of management
- Identify the multiple roles of the consultant
- Describe the procedures for initiating and winning consultancy assignments
- Write winning proposals
- Apply special techniques and tools for problem diagnosis, data gathering and analysis
- Write good consultancy reports
- Make good presentation.
Topics to be covered include, among others, the following:
- Basic managerial functions
- Nature, purpose and scope of management consulting
- Characteristics of management consulting
- Types of management consulting: internal and external,
- Process and resource consulting
- Consultant/client relations
- The consultants as agents of change
- Work study technique
- Management audit
- End of course written examination
The Course is designed for:
- Officers working in the establishments and management services department of the presidency.
- Officers saddled with responsibilities for establishments and management services matters at the federal, state and local government levels.
- Officers of the head of civil services at the federal and state levels.
- Officers working or who propose to work in the department of planning, research and statistics of ministries at the federal and state levels;
- Officers of private sector organizations working in the oil and gas sector, financial sector, manufacturing sector and organizations charged with management services or management consulting responsibilities.