One of the fundamental duties of Secretaries and Personal Assistants is to manage relationships. They manage relationships between their bosses and superiors, and between peers and subordinates. The way they perform their duties can also have significant effect on interdepartmental relationships. To enable them to cope with the pressure of their jobs, build supportive relations and perform their duties effectively, they must have outstanding interpersonal relations skills.
This training workshop holding in Kano state, is designed to enable Secretaries and Personal Assistants to manage internal and external relations and enhance harmony and optimum performance.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify their roles and responsibilities as personal assistants/secretaries
- Plan their activities more effectively
- Build effective work teams
- Relate better with superiors, colleagues, subordinates and the public
- Provide timely reports and information
- Interpersonal Relationship: Overview
- Strategies for Building Interpersonal Relations
- Temperaments and Body Language
- Interpersonal Relations Skills and Styles
- Secretary/PA as a Relationship Manager
- Cultural Pattern of Interpersonal Relations
- Effective Team Building
- Effective Communication Skills
- Human Relations at Work Place
- Time and Self-Management
- Effective Use of Feedback in Interpersonal Relations
- Managing the Boss
Lectures, discussions, syndicate work, case studies and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Senior Secretaries, Special and Personal Assistants, Personal Aids, Trainers and Public Relations Officers in public and private sector organizations
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Aminu Lili Gabari