One of the major challenges of a leader is to identify a problem early enough before it assumes a crisis dimension. He has to analyse, seek possible solutions and take appropriate decisions. A leader who cannot take decisions is bound to fail.
This training workshop holding in Kano State is designed to enable leaders to define and analyse problems, and decide the best solution from a range of available options.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Develop skills for problem analysis and decision making
- Define organizational problems more effectively
- Apply appropriate problem-solving and decision-making techniques
- Generate alternative courses of action to select the best option.
- Problem solving and decision making, an overview
- Problem solving and diagnosis
- The manager as a problem solver
- Group problem solving and decision making
- Information gathering, evaluation and selection of options
- Decision types
- Ethical dilemma in decision making
- Communicating and implementing decision making
- Errors in decision making
- Management information system in decision making
- Change management
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, syndicate/group work and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Managers/officers/executives in public and private organizations. Anyone who is in a leadership position, at any level, will find the workshop very useful.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation.
Contact Person: Ibrahim Abubakar