Effective risk management strategies are essential for microfinance institutions striving to attract capital, protect against losses, and gain the confidence of customers, donors and investors.
This training workshop is designed to equip participants with relevant skills and core competence required for effective micro-financing risk management.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Examine microfinance concepts and principles
- Identify various microfinance models
- Develop sustainable microfinance techniques
- Examine collateral issues and revolving loan methodologies
- Monitor and evaluate micro, small and medium projects.
- Overview of microfinance in Nigeria
- Microfinance and social responsibility
- Risk management in microfinance
- Marketing microfinance products
- Collateral issues and revolving loan methodologies
- Report writing methods
- Credit delivery and recovery methods
- Funding sources to microfinance institutions
- Microfinance models of microfinance
- Monitoring and evaluation of micro, small and medium enterprises
- Outreach and impact
- Performance measurement in microfinance
Methodology: Lectures, discussions and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers in charge of microfinance in commercial banks, specialized banks, microfinance banks, microfinance institutions, non-governmental organizations as well as ministries, departments and agencies of federal, state, and local governments.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: Mrs. Aisha Bello Aliu