Vocational Skills Training (VST) is becoming more relevant because it is a key factor in successful entrepreneurship.
This training workshop is designed to facilitate effective result-oriented management and enable participants possess core competencies for the achievement of corporate goals.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of VST programmes
- Understand the types of VST programmes
- Explain VST programmes design, implementation and management
- Appraise VST programmes.
- An overview of the vocational skills training programme
- The role of vocational skills training in entrepreneurship
- Types of vocational skills training programmes
- Beneficiary identification, selection and management
- Funding for vocational skills training programme
- Vocational skills training, design and planning
- Monitoring and evaluating vocational skills training programmes
- Effective management of vocational skills training
- Project management
Methodology: Lectures, discussions, case studies, syndicate work and exercises. Audio-visual aids will be used to reinforce these learning methods.
Officers in ministries, departments and agencies of government, NGOs as well as private sector institutions in charge of designing, implementing and managing VST programmes. Academicians in higher institutions of learning in charge of VST can also participate.
Mode of Assessment for Certification: 100 per cent attendance/active participation
Contact Person: M. T. Ojo