The planning and co-ordination of a project, regardless of the size of the project or the organization requires a specific set of competencies in managing time, money, people, and materials. Project Management is the set of management techniques applied to enable the integrated management of performance, time, cost and human relations frameworks pertaining to a project, to achieve the goals of the project; delivering on time and within budget. Laced with case studies, this program will familiase participants with the Microsoft Project software and use the Log-Frame Approach as tool used for systematic planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating projects/ programmes.
- Apply a simple life cycle to a project to break it into easy to manage stages.
- Clearly define the purpose of the project to avoid
- Any ambiguity or unrealistic expectations being set.
- Estimate and schedule tasks and duration with confidence
- Identify and manage risks proactively to minimise
- The impact of any deviations from the original plan.
- Recognize and practice the leadership skills needed
- To run a motivated team
- Use the Microsoft projects software to plan
- Defining what we mean by project and how it differs from operations
- Understanding the role of the project manager and other key stakeholders
- Determining a structured approach to managing projects - the phases of project life cycle and management processes
- Understanding why projects fail - what to watch out for
- Setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
- Exploring the basic planning tools and techniques used in planning a project including
- Gantt Charts and Critical Path Analysis
- Simple risk management tools and techniques available to avoid surprises
- What impact will changes have on the project?
- Measuring what actually happened against the plan and learning lessons
Who Should Attend
Executives, Managers, Officers and Entrepreneurs
|10, Obokun Street, Off Coker Road, Ilupeju, Lagos. Nigeria.
||May 18 - 20 May, 2016
Discounts off regular fees for open programmes: 3-5 nomination - 5%
Programme also available as in-plant.