This 3-day training program will expose the challenges associated with project planning, scheduling and cost control and prepare participants to focus on managing these constraints faced when managing projects, and develop effective measures for scheduling and controlling projects as they put the tools of project management to work.
At the end of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Develop effective measures for scheduling and controlling projects.
- Manage the constraints faced in any project.
- Learn a sound, logical framework for planning, scheduling and controlling project activities.
- Master techniques for estimating, forecasting, budgeting, monitoring, controlling, analyzing and reporting costs and interpreting the meaning of earned-value data
- Discover a number of sophisticated tools and techniques that can used to manage time and costs effectively on every type of project
- Use the work breakdown structure to develop a network diagram
- Calculate schedules using PERT/CPM
- Identify, assign and tabulate resource requirements
- Predict costs and work time using specific levels and estimate types
- Plan for contingencies and anticipate variations
- Predict future project performance based on historical data
- Monitor changes
- Combine management and leadership proactively.
Intensive and interactive lectures complemented by hands-on exercises for Individuals and small-group exercises in addiction to featured scenarios that help hone these skills and also, course materials that includes comprehensive reference materials specific to each unit of the course.
Project Managers, Project engineers, team leaders, Project Management practitioners, project supervisors/officers, personnel who are involved in projects, Team members, Associate project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers and program managers