Effective Report and Proposal Writing
Jun 15 - 17 Jun, 2016
It is essential to understand how to write reports and proposals that get read. We write reports in a range of formats and a variety of purposes. Whether you need to report on a product analysis, inventory, feasibility studies, or something else, report writing is a skill you will use again and again.
Having a method to prepare these documents will help you be as efficient as possible with the task. This course will build on a solid base of writing skills to present information in formal, informal, and proposal styles.
Workshop objectives include:
- Prepare reports and proposals that inform, persuade, and provide information.
- Review your work so that it is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
- Apply these skills in real work applications.
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- The Stages of Report Writing
- This session will introduce the four stages of report writing: investigating, planning, writing, and revising.
- The First Stage - Investigating
- The first step is to gather the information for your report. In this session will give participants some guidelines to ensure that what they gather is accurate.
- The Second Stage - Planning
- Next, participants will learn how to plan a report based on information gathered during the first stage.
- The Third Stage - Writing
- This session will give participants some ways to ensure that their writing is clear, concise, complete, and correct.
Venue: CorpTrain Center, #58 Nsawam Road, Avenor Junction, Kokomlemle- Accra, Ghana