Every machine with moving parts uses bearings to cut friction and boost efficiency of such machines. Bearings can’t give their maximum performance without proper installation and maintenance.
This specially designed training program will expose the participants to proper installation, maintenance and lubrication techniques that lead to the longest possible bearing service life for the various equipment and systems. Key information and skills on how to improve the performance of bearing systems which improves the reliability of rotating equipment will also be shared during the training.
At the end of this training, participant will understand
- The make-up and operational principles of bearings
- Components, terminology, and types of rolling element bearings
- The bearing numbering system and significance of prefix and suffix characters
- The factors affecting the performance of rolling element bearings
- Bearing quality
- Operating environment
- Maintenance practices
- Proper bearing mounting and dismounting procedures
- Importance of proper lubrication and proper lubrication practices
- Causes of bearing failure
Mechanical Fitters, Maintenance Technicians & Engineers, Mechanics and Non-Mechanical Maintenance Personnel
Lectures complemented by hands-on practice
- Bearing basics and principles
- Learn the fundamentals of rolling bearing technology, care, nomenclature, bearing components, loads and lubrication
- Gain a basic understanding of why bearings fail
- Mounting and dismounting
- Study proper bearing mounting and dismounting procedures, and observe what happens as a result of careless handling, neglected maintenance and poor lubrication.
- Participate in hands-on demonstrations using specialized tools to correctly mount and dismount ball and roller bearings.
- Fundamentals of lubrication
- See how important it is to select the proper lubricant for an application
- Learn to maximize bearing life through an improved understanding of proper lubricating principles and functions
- Bearing failure causes and analysis
- Identify and interpret actual bearing failures