This course will assist staff with non-financial backgrounds to better appreciate the importance of accounting within their organization. It provides a comprehensive overview of accounting terminologies, enabling participants to correctly analyze report and monitor financial activities.
Managers and business people who need to understand and apply the fundamentals of accounting and the use of accounting information.
- Identify and use accounting terminologies;
- Describe the concept of accrual accounting and its standards and reporting aspects
- The accounting processes and ledgers;
- Financial statement preparation: income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statements and notes to the accounts;
- Compare financial information and data
- Prepare statutory requirement reports;
- Determine how to obtain valuable information from Annual Reports;
- Analysis and interpretation of accounting information
Non Accounting staff working with accounting data or those who need appreciation of the various accounting systems and terminologies