First responders at the Awareness Level are individuals who are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release. They are trained to begin the emergency response by notifying the proper authorities.
They are also trained to
- Define a hazardous material and the risks it may pose
- Recognize a release
- Identify the material, if possible
- Identify the need for additional resources, such as the area Hazmat Team. This includes law enforcement personnel.
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and state OSHA programs, a responder at the Awareness Level must have
- An understanding of hazardous substances and the risks associated with them in an emergency
- An understanding of the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present
- The ability to recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency
- An understanding of the role of the first responder at the Awareness Level, including site security and control
- The use of the U.S. Department of Transportation's Emergency Response Guidebook
- The ability to realize the need for additional resources and to provide good information to the communication center
Description of Course
Participants will learn
- How to recognize the risks involved with radiation.
- How to identify radioactive material,
- The different equipment that is available and how to use available resources
As described in OSHA requirements on Hazardous Waste Operations & emergency response (29 CFR1910.120) and ANSI / ASSE Z490.1-2001 Conformant.
Our Aim and Objective
- To promote and combine superior performance to achieve timely production with key performance indicators
- To assist and encourage the improvement of individuals and companies/organizations by ensuring best operational practices and save systems of work
- To boost economic manpower and human capital development programmes and to sustain and advance technical know-how in professional careers through trainings and re-trainings
- Radiation Units
- Detection Equipment
- Six Clues
- Exposure Control
- Initial Actions
Requirements to Sign Up
- There are no requirements to sign up for this Training.
Certification and Examination
- Internationally Recognised Certification by SAFE RESPONSE - AUSTRALIA in partnership with her specialist consultants
- Technical know-how and Upgrade of personnel
- All Participants are expected to take a brief exam immediately after the Training approximately 30minutes to 1hour to complete.
- Excellent mix of practical and interactive exercises in classroom learning
This training will also hold at Warri, Abuja, Calabar and Port-Harcourt.
|3, Franklin Street behind Leadway Assurance Building, Iponri Bus Stop, Iponri - Surulere, Lagos.
||Aug 31 - 31 Aug, 2016
- Sign up for more of our courses and get unbelievable discounts and freebies.
- Nominate or Invite five (5) more participants and get 5% discount of course fee.