Managing time efficiently could not only improve your productivity but will also help you to achieve a less stressful and more enjoyable way of operating both within the firm and outside it. This practical and interactive workshop will demonstrate how to improve the way you manage yourself, your colleagues and your environment to achieve efficiency and effectiveness.
Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
Module 2: How to Prioritise
Understand the importance of defining priorities, and how to apply different approaches to the Prioritisation Grid that make your time much more productive.
- Benefit versus Effort
- Urgent versus Important
- Why We Need Time Management
- Values and Priorities
- The Prioritisation Grid
Module 3: Time Robbers
Self-inflicted or Imposed by others. Discuss and evaluate the interventions that can side track and derail us throughout the day. Awareness can greatly affect the outcome.
- Time Robbers Imposed by others
- Time Robbers Imposed by you
Module 4: Planning Your Work
From analysing planning tools to setting up a process that's right for you, this module opens the discussion on a variety of common options.
- Benefits of Planning
- Guidelines and Tools for Efficient Planning
- The Difference Between Planning and Scheduling
- Five Minutes Before the Hour
MODULE 5: The Four D's
Can you decide how to selectively improve how you value each task? This straightforward method will empower you with a mind-set to allocate a priority through a four-phase value system.
- What makes the 4 Ds easy
- Guidelines for Keeping a Piece of Paper
- Dump, Delay, Delegate and Do
- Using the 4 Ds
MODULE 6: How to Delegate Effectively
To develop the skills for incorporating individual strengths into a team dynamic with achievement can be a powerful tool to maximise time efficiency. This module will discuss the core essentials.
- What is Delegation?
- The Five Levels of Delegation
- Five Steps to Delegation
- Keeping Responsibility
- When You Cannot Delegate
Module 7: Setting Smart Goals for Yourself
Understand the importance of systematic setting of SMART goals and achievement through completion.
- Why You Need to Set Goals NOW
- Knowing What You Want to Accomplish
- The Three Ps of Goals
- SMART Goals
Module 8: Techniques for Getting Organised
Sometimes choice is everything. Learn how to organise your workspace, control the effect of emails and managing your work processes through batching are covered in this module.
- The Need for Organisation
- Organising your Day - Using a "To Do" List
- Pareto - the 80-20 Rule - and Quick Wins
- Organising your Workspace
- Effective E-mail Operation
- The Batching Technique
- Streamlining Your Approach with STING
- Meetings and Phone Calls
Module 9: Time Mapping
- Using Technology
- Productivity Analysis
- Scheduling of Demanding Tasks
- What is a Time Map?
Module 10: Your Personal Action Plan
Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to all people wishing to improve their time management skills.