Positive Cash flow is the life-blood of any business and therefore, good credit control and collection techniques are vital. However, effective debt recovery is also crucial and necessary to any business.
This course will broaden the delegates understanding of credit control and best corporate practice in relation to this. It also examines issues relevant to debt recovery from the pre-action stage through to the procedures and practical issues involved in obtaining and enforcing money judgments.
The overall goal of this programme is to enhance existing debt recovery skills, using a professional, conventional and un-orthodox approach to recover debt from a debtor. Participants are encouraged to be focused, practical and concise in developing and articulating debt recovery intelligence.
- What can I do to pursue a debt?
- Contacting a debtor.
- Questions About The Use of physical force, Undue Harassment and Coercion
- Questions About Misleading, Deceptive And Unconscionable Conducts
- The 24 Qualities of Credit Recovery Personnel
- Pitfalls to avoid in debt recover
- Legal aspect of debt recovery, etc.
Debtors in Category
- The Four type Debtors
- Debtors by Choice
- Debtors by Circumstance
- Debtors by Mismanagement
- Debtors by Deliberate Design
Stating the Fundamentals of Debt Recovery
- How Self-image Help
- Achieving a Positive Self-image
- Believe in Yourself
- Be Prepared
Which Approach is Best
What makes a good Debt Recovery Officer?
- 24 Qualities of a Good Debt Recovery Officer
- The “5ps” in Credit Recovery action
Scanning Debt Recovery Instrument
- Professional Approach
- Conventional Approach
- Un-orthodox Approach
Knowing Debtors’ Tricks
- Preparing for Debt Recovery
- How to Lay Ambush for an Evading Debtor
- The Force of Persistence
How to Handle Settlement Proposal
- Key Issues
- Debt Rehabilitation
Pitfall to avoid in Debt Recovery
- Major Pitfalls
- Routine Recovery Letters
Legal Aspects of Strategic Debt Recovery
- The Nature of Law in the Pre-colonial West African Societies
- The Advent of English Law in Nigeria
- Sources of the Law Relating to Debt Recovery
- The Nature of Credit
- Credit Process
- Doctrines of Equity
- Maxims of Equity
- Some of the Enactments Relating to Debt Recovery in Nigeria
- Traditional Methods of Debt Recovery
- Effective Recovery Procedure
- The Evidence Act, The Buren and Standard of Proof
- The Civil Procedure Rules of Courts
- Bankruptcy/Winding up Proceedings
- Contingency Method
- Dynamic Debt Recovery Technique
- Means of Enforcing Judgments
- Do it yourself Legal Actions
- Basic for valid contract
- Many ways of filing actions
Who should attend?
This course will be of benefit to debt recovery personnel’s, credit controllers, general litigators, newly qualified practitioners, legal executives and paralegals who wish to expand their knowledge.
Course level: Intermediate