Operational processes in companies and organizations are driven by people. When those who are responsible for driving the process either humanly or through technology lack the needed knowledge or skills a lot of challenges arise which most times leads to loss in profit, equipment breakdown, redundancy, down time amongst many more.
This training is designed specifically to enable to enable technical personnel understand the PLC system better, make basic modifications to the user control program and to troubleshoot quickly using both software and machine diagrams. Problem exercises are intensively given and are simulated with the aid of a PLC trainer. Aside the generic understanding of the PLC system, participants have the opportunity of product specific knowledge with intensive hands-on practice using Siemens S7 PLC Hardware, and Software/Simulators which will guaranty their efficiency and profitability.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Operational principles of a PLC System
- Identify and describe the functions of the PLC system components
- Carry out basic installation and operation of a Siemens S7 PLC system
- Make a Program in Ladder Diagram
- Translate a ladder diagram program into electrical and logic circuits equivalent;
- Effectively Carry out Basic Maintenance and Troubleshooting of PLC systems
- Observe safe practices when working with PLC and its devices
Intensive and interactive lectures complemented by hands-on exercises using Siemens S7 PLC Hardware and Simulators/Software.
Electrical/Automation Engineers, Electrical/Automation Technicians, Personnel involved in Operation, Installation and Maintenance of PLC control systems/machine and engineers who seek to take a career in automation.
- Introduction to PLC and IEC 61131 Standard
- Introduction to Siemens S7 PLC Hardware
- Types of S7 PLCs - Micro and Modular PLCs
- Parts of a PLC System
- The Power Supply Unit
- The PLC Central Processing Unit
- The PLC Memory types
- Input and Output Modules
- Special Modules and Peripheral Devices
- PLC System Components, Installation, and Field device Connections
- PLC Number Systems and I/O Addressing
- PLC Operation Modes and Scan Cycle
- Introduction to Siemens S7 Software
- S7 Simatic Manager and MicroWin
- Creating a project and Software/Hardware configurations
- Introduction to Siemens PLC programming languages:
- LAD, STL, and FBD.
- Commonly used instructions and Programming Logics
- Writing, Addressing And Commenting a program
- Uploading, Downloading and Running a Program
- Use of Timers and Counters
- Basic PLC system Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Hands-on practical exercises, simulations and implementation