The simple spreadsheet is one of the most powerful data analysis tools that exists, and it’s available to almost anyone. Major corporations and small businesses alike use spreadsheet models to determine where key measures of their success are now, and where they are likely to be in the future. But in order to get the most out of a spreadsheet, you have to know how to use it.
This course is designed to present an introduction to basic spreadsheet tools and formulas with which to begin to harness the power of spreadsheets to map the data you have now and to predict the data you may have in the future.
The course also teaches the building of decision trees in excel. Basic familiarity with, and access to, Excel or Sheets is required.
- Spreadsheets: A Tool for Thinking with Numbers
- A Little Spreadsheet History
- Navigating a Spreadsheet and Crafting Formulas
- Using Functions
- Using Conditional Expressions in Formulas
- Common Errors in the Use of Spreadsheets
- Differences between Sheets and Excel.
- From Spreadsheet to Model
- Using Assumptions and Decision Variables in Spreadsheet Models
- Structuring a Spreadsheet to Model Variables, Objectives, and Objective Functions
- Constructing Simple Cash Flow Model
- What-If Analysis and Sensitivity Analysis
- Limits to Simple Deterministic Models.
- Addressing Uncertainty and Probability in Models
- Random variables and probability distributions
- Changes in discrete and continuous time
- Power, exponential, and log functions
- Probability trees and decision trees.
- Simulation and Optimization
- Monte Carlo Simulations
- Linear Programming
- Differences between Excel and Sheets.
NOTE: Participants Must Be With Their Computers
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Sep 04 - 07 Sep, 2017
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.