How accounts payable and accounts receivable managed can make a great difference in the fortunes of organizations. In fact poor management will lower profitability increase, fraud, cashflow problems, litigations, loss of revenue, poor corporate image, multiple payments, have bad debt burden and working capital inadequacy.
- Developing the Corporate Payment Policy
- Effective Controls for Reducing duplicate Payments
- Fraud and Wasteful Spending
- Building Safety Nets into the Processing System that
- Guarantee that Bills get paid on Time
- Identifying and Stopping Padded and Inflated Bills
- Early Payment Discounts: When are they a good deal?
- Tips for Negotiating Excellent Payment Terms
- Ensure that value is received for every Payment
- Identifying Areas of Fraud in Accounts Payable Management
- Basic Concepts and Need for Receivables Management
- Evaluation of Credit Policy of your Organization
- Identify and Avoid Potential Bad Debtors from the beginning
- Conduct Age Analysis of your Debtors
- Overcome Debtors’ Excuses, Lies and Complaints
- Deal with Abusive, Angry Customers without Losing your Cool
- Restructure a Repayment Programme when there is difficulty
For Whom: Executive Management, Accountants, Credit Policy Makers, Customer Service Managers, Auditors, Treasurers, Credit Managers, Purchasing and Supplies Managers, Collection Managers, Sales Managers, Marketing Managers and other Senior to Middle Management staff who perform related functions.
This course is being run by Alpha Partners in collaboration with The Institute of Chartered Accountant, Lagos Mainland District.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA