Managers and executives must consistently add more value, in the limited time they have in hand, just to remain in contention today. To achieve more than the ordinary, managers must have the special skills for, and an acute sense of, time use. The central focus is the discipline to manage oneself for time effectiveness.
Broad Competencies Delivered
- Ability to manage oneself in relation to time
- Ability to identify and handle time wasters effectively
- Ability to set priority and stick with it even under pressure
- Ability to handle anxiety and stress.
- Time Definition
- The Types of Time
- Putting Value on Time:
- Estimating and Knowing the Value of Time
- Most valuable use of time
- Time Management Matrix
- Becoming an Organised Person
- Procrastination is the thief of time.
- Office work and space organization
- Delegating, supervising, monitoring
- Managing the boss
- Managing meetings
- Assertiveness Skills:
- Dealing with Time Wasters
- Setting and Sticking to Priority
- Time Log - daily, weekly
- Time Audit.
- Pressure Management
- Pressure and Stress?
- Positive and Negative Pressure
- Cognitive Symptoms
- Emotional Symptoms
- Physical Symptoms
- Behavioural Symptoms.
- How can stress affect you?
- Effects of Stress on Health.
- Dealing with Stress:
- Unhealthy ways of coping with pressure.
- The Healthier Way to Manage Pressure:
- Strategy 1: Altering the situation
- Strategy 2: Avoiding unnecessary stress
- Strategy 3: Adapting to the stressor
- Strategy 4: Accepting the things you cant change
- Strategy 5: Adopting a healthy lifestyle.