This workshop is addressed to the people in the organization who have the mandate to run and facilitate such strategic planning sessions. This workshop will address each phase of the strategic planning session facilitation:
Is it a good idea to attend a strategic planning workshop?
Why You Might Want a Strategy Workshop
Let’s imagine that your business performance has dipped or you fear that it might because of recent changes in economic conditions, customer needs or competitors.
And you get approached by a firm of strategy consultants, marketing consultants or even your accountants and you get offered the opportunity to attend a strategic planning workshop, either at your offices or at a nearby hotel.
Many companies embark on a strategic planning process, either formerly or informally. Often, many parties in the organization are involved in the process, and the strategic planning session is a traditional occasion which brings the managers together to discuss the issues facing the company.
- Preparing the workshop(s): getting ready
- Running the session: the tools, the style, the rhythm and the aspects to cover
- Follow up: making sure action gets taken and that the benefits last
- An Organizational Vision
- Functional Mission Statement
- SWOT Analysis
- Driving Forces
- Organizational Values
- Strategic Profiles that Meets the Vision
- The Planning Process
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Reasons For The Failure Of Strategic Plans
- Current Performance Levels
- Measuring Gaps
- Goals to Close Gaps
- Annual Operating Plans