In order to be successful managers must have the ability to plan strategically. Developing this competency is a key component of managerial skills enhancement given that effective strategic planning is essential to the future success of any organization. However, most strategic planning is lacking in vision. It is merely a straight-line extrapolation of the past into the future. In a world where the pace of change is greater than ever before this is at best short-sighted and at worst a prescription for disaster.
Real strategic planning is about positioning the organization for a future which will be different from the past. This seminar will focus on strategic planning as the essential management system guiding the manager and organization into the future by setting focused goals that will establish and enhance competitiveness. The seminar will also focus on the necessity of developing both personal mental agility and organizational agility. Close examination will be made of the driving forces creating both strategic successes and failures.
Highlights of the seminar are as follows:
- Presentation of the concept and significance of strategy and strategic planning
- Introduction to the main approaches to strategy formulation and goal setting
- Case examples of organizations formulating strategic plans
- Group work on specific cases and problems
- Extensive use of practical examples in which the course leader has been personally involved
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Examine how to design visionary strategic plans
- Consider utilization of a model for organizational assessment
- Formulate insights into strategic planning problems to avoid
- Identify and learn from examples of strategic success and failure
- Develop understanding of the nature of the organizational life cycle
- Study the preparation of effective contingency plans
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
||Mar 12 - 16 Mar, 2017
Special deals available on group bookings.