Successful projects are highly dependent on well-defined and well-understood requirements by all stakeholders and a key measure of project success is stakeholder satisfaction. This includes business/project requirements, process and product requirements and specifications. Investment of time in requirements processes have proven to be key contributors to delivering projects on time and on budget that meet or exceed business requirements. It seems that many organizations attempt to deal with requirements by using different approaches in discovering and defining them and requirements activities as employed in many organizations today are unstructured, ineffective or simply performed incorrectly.
This course focuses on requirements processes that contribute to project success. Participants will learn and practice defining the real problem, assessing the impact on the project and business and identifying and managing stakeholders’ expectations, all in the context of strategic project leadership. The key to this course is the belief that most requirements can be documented in textual sentences. This is a traditional view of requirements definition and management that, for most projects, is exactly what is necessary to be successful.
- Understand the foundational context of requirements in strategic leadership
- Discover how to properly initiate a project to set the requirements process
- Effectively identify and manage stakeholders
- Gather accurate requirements early in the project
- Manage conflicting requirements from stakeholders
- Understand the difference between requirements and expectations
- Identify how a scope statement should identify requirements
- Develop communications skill to assist in communication of requirements
- Identify project stakeholders and discover and define their real problems
- Realize and uncover real requirements using various methods and tools
- Analyse, verify and validate project requirements
- Refine, manage and control changes to requirements
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates
||Apr 23 - 27 Apr, 2017
Special deals available on group bookings.