This course will address the major challenges facing Internal Auditors and provide a forum for exchange of professional ideas among internal auditors in the Microfinance Banks in Nigeria
- Professional internal Audit Overview for Internal Auditors
- Audit Planning and performance techniques
- Maintaining work schedules and assignments to achieve desirable productivity levels
- Building knowledge and skills consistent with the needs of the department and the bank
- Maintaining positive two-way communication during the audit process
- Specialized audits and special investigations
- Professional approach to writing audit reports
- Oxely-Sabarnes provisions in financial reporting
- COSO requirements in corporate internal auditing
- Installing and strengthening an integrated framework of internal control
- Basics of risk-based internal auditing
- Application of human psychology in inspection/audit functions and maximizing techniques for effective interviewing
- Appraisal of regulatory framework of inspection and audit functions
- Computer installation control checklist i.e. Environmental, Personnel, Hardware, Software, Communications and Administrative Controls
- Maintaining the audit trail is a computerized system
- Controls in on-line and real time systems
- Application of CAAT in Bank inspection and auditing
- Data integrity, security and disaster control procedures
- Computer virus and quality assurance methods
- Audit evidence
- Operational audit procedure and practice
- Financial audit procedure and practice
- Functional audit methods
- Organizational audit methods
- Special investigations strategies
- Oversight functions of the audit committee
- Relationship between the internal auditor and the audit committee
- Continuous auditing
- Audit reports: best practices
- Emerging trends and future challenges
For Whom: Internal Auditors, Accountants and others who perform related functions in Microfinance Banks.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba - Lagos.
||May 31 - 02 Jun, 2017
|NGN 110,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants - 5% discount allowed, 5 and above number of participants - 10% discount allowed.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.