Information technology is a critical enabler of business processes employed by organizations to implement strategies, achieve goals, accomplish missions, and realize visions. Several recent surveys indicate that the line separating “IT” and Non”IT”, audit is beginning to disappear. Assuring an organization’s governance, Risk management, and control process requires all internal auditors to understand the role of technology within their organization and begin developing the basic IT knowledge to do their job.
The premise of this course is that internal auditors can learn to audit IT by applying their operational audit skill in IT area. Through group discussion, practical team exercise and individual activity participants gain the skill necessary to assess IT general controls and application controls. Successful completion of this course enables participants to bring IT into the scope of their organization.
- IT CONTROLS CONCEPTS
- Definitions and classification of IT controls
- Objective for IT controls
- Roles and responsibilities related to IT controls
- Assessing IT related risks
- Reviewing the frames of work of IT controls
- IT AUDIT PLANNING
- Annual planning process
- Define IT universe
- Adoption of a formal control framework
- Perform risk assessment
- INFORMATION SECURITY
- The IT infrastructure
- Data security and information integrity
- Elements of an IT security program
- Assessing and monitoring IT security
- IT GENERAL CONTROLS
- Access management
- Auditing identifying and access management
- Disaster recovery planning business continuity management
- IT operations
- Complexity of the environment
- APPLICATION CONTROLS
- Application systems
- Application controls objectives
- Impact of IT general control on application controls
- Assessing application controls
- Integrated audits
- Seminar objectives re-visited
Audit Managers and Lead Auditors who want to be including reviews of IT Controls in their operational audits. IT who want to begin applying their operational audit skills to reviews of IT areas
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba - Lagos.
||Jul 11 - 14 Jul, 2017
|NGN 110,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed.
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.