Staying organized and promptly meeting every due date puts a lot of pressure on you and your staff. You work long hours and put in overtime to see that every bill is paid on time. And because every payment is different, you are required to monitor all activity with the eye of an eagle to prevent any error or over sight.
This workshop presents you how to better organize, control and manage accounts payable.
Importance of accounts payable
- Qualities of the best accounts payable
- Authority and responsibility
- Critical processes and procedures
- Your organizations reputation depends on you
Organize your accounts with ease
- A reliable tracking system
- Records management techniques
- How to guarantee swift payment of invoices that trickle in late
Setting up internal controls
- Organization’s control
- Vendor number controls and receiver controls
- Eliminating duplicate payments
Major Money Savers to tap for your Organization
- Early payment discounts
- Negotiating excellent payment terms
- The most common costly account payables errors and how to avoid them
Accounts payable technology and trends
- Electronic document scanning
- Accounts payable software
- Computer based accounts payable
For Whom: Accountants, Directors, Financial Managers, Accounts Payable Managers and Staff, Controllers, Sales and Marketing Manager, Treasurers and others who perform related functions in the Public and Private Sectors..
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.