This course focuses on managing sustainability risks and opportunities in banking. It addresses the long-term needs of society and the environment as well as improving banks' returns on equity and reducing volatility.
Banks are currently involved in a culture change process that will lead them to be more solid, responsible and sustainable. In the emerging economies the pressure is for banking to contribute to sustainable development that meets the needs of local communities in environmentally acceptable ways; in developed markets there is a perceived need both to restore public trust in banking and develop more resilient income streams. Research suggests that banks which practice sustainable banking have improved returns on assets and equity compared with other banks. This course provides an opportunity for participants to update their knowledge and to explore the available mechanisms to deliver sustainable banking in their own institutions and countries.
By attending this practical and strategic 5-day course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of sustainable banking
- Improve your appreciation of the role of banking in society
- Understand the importance of sustainable banking to banks and wider society
- See the relationships between corporate governance, sustainability, ethics, culture, risk management, compliance and value creation
- Learn about the new banking environment forces and consider how your bank's business model could benefit from and incorporate principles of sustainable banking
- Assess your own institution's performance in relation to sustainable banking principles
- Develop an action plan for implementing sustainable banking in your institution
Who should attend?
This course has been specifically designed for the benefit of board members and senior executives of financial institutions and for banking supervisors and regulators in emerging markets. Specifically it should be valuable for:
- Non-Executive and Executive Directors
- Executives responsible for corporate governance, sustainability, corporate and social responsibility, ethics, compliance, reputation, investor relations and corporate reporting
- Company Secretaries
- Investors and Investor Relations Advisers
- Regulators, Supervisors and Policymakers
|Pretoria South Africa
||Apr 23 - 27 Apr, 2018
EUSTACE ONUEGBU 08108610473
up to 10% discount for group booking
Certified Management Consultant - the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI)Certified Sustainability Trainer