The creation of exotic service delivery channels, the extension of bank franchises across national boundaries as well as new requirements for meeting international financial audit and reporting standards have made it imperative for Bank Inspectors and Internal Auditors to upgrade their skills. This course provides insights on traditional and emerging issues.
- Bank Inspectors
- Internal Auditors
- Branch Managers
- Bank Examiners
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Have an update of new issues in bank audit and internal control;
- Evaluate statutory audit provisions with respect to internal control assignments;
- Design and utilize various techniques for conducting bank inspection;
- Proactively measure operational risks in banks and take steps to minimize operational
- Appreciate computer-based audit procedures
- Accounting and Auditing Requirements for Banks under Statute and their Implications for Internal Control.
- Auditing the Risk Management Policies and Practices of a Bank.
- Building a Control Environment.
- Audit Evidence: Sources, Characteristics and Methods of Testing and Interview Techniques.
- Examination of Questioned Documents and Signatures in Banking Operations.
- Auditing Through the Computer
- Electronic Banking: Challenges for the Audit Function
- Forensic Audit, Investigation and Practical Use of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques
- Examination of Nigerian Banks: The Experience of Bank Supervisors
- Effective Audit Reporting, Follow-Up and Post Audit
|New Lap Hotel Jabi Utako, Abuja
||Sep 19 - 21 Sep, 2018
Dr. Francis Okereke 08035062583
Dr Francis Okereke will lead other experts in this all important seminar.