The workshop will be a practical one and will expose the participants to the current trends in Public sector treasury management.
- Objectives of treasury management
- Scope of duties and responsibilities of today’s Corporate Treasurer
- The Nigerian constitution and its implications for public sector-treasury management
- Government funds: Consolidated revenue fund, development fund, contingency funds, special and trust fund, treasury funds etc.
- Relationships in federal, state and local Government funding: sharing allocations Grants, Loans, Guarantees, etc.
- The appropriation procedure: Appropriation bill, Finance Act, etc.
- Public sector financial regulations, treasury and financial circulars etc.
- The role of the Federal Ministry of Finance, The Accountant-General , the Auditor – General, the Presidency, the Central Bank, Public Accounts Committee, etc.
- Public Treasury books of accounts i.e. Petty Cash book, main cash book, cash control accounts, memorandum accounts, journal entries, etc.
- Cash Audit and internal control issues in treasury management
- Public sector computerized vote accounting
For Whom: All Accountants and Auditors in the Public Sector
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.
||Oct 30 - 02 Nov, 2018
|NGN 120,000.00||(per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, Executive Bag, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, photographs and Certificates.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
3-5 Participants – 5% Discount allowed
5 and above number of Participants – 10% Discount allowed
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.